Working At Cherry Street
For 66 years, Cherry Street Mission Ministries has been rescuing the downtrodden, restoring hope to the hopeless and releasing God’s greatness into our community. Cherry Street’s services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. We never close, we never turn anyone away.
Lose the adjective, and gain the human. Cherry Street has several key positions open for individuals who are called to look beyond the adjectives society puts on people, and see the human that God has created. Cherry Street offers a competitive wage and benefits package for hourly and salaried positions working 30+ hours per week. We are presently accepting resumes and applications (must submit both for consideration). Current open positions are listed below.
In order to be considered for any open position, qualified job candidates must submit - at a minimum - a completed job application, professional resume and cover letter.
These are accepted anytime by
email or in-person at the Life Revitalization Center, located at 1501 Monroe Street in Toledo, OH - during business hours, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Stabilization Advocate (Contingent)
Located at our Men’s Facility, Madison Food Service and Community Center and Sparrow’s Nest.
Responsibilities include providing excellent customer service to our guests, assisting in the daily operational needs of the facilities, securing the premises, and maintaining an atmosphere that supports life transformation.
Education and Experience: Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
Hours: on call basis
Shift: 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts available
Maintenance Technician PT
Hands on maintenance tasks
- Tasks will be prioritized from work orders presented or preventative maintenance schedules for Technician by the immediate supervisor for the majority of the time.
- Some work orders may come in after hours or in a rush that the Technician will be expected to prioritize themselves
- Tasks included, but are not limited to: plumbing, grounds maintenance, light bulbs, inspections of stated issues in all campus facilities to discover reported problem, pest control, light janitorial, painting, etc.
Has the ability to vary shifts as needed (including Cherry Street events, holidays, evenings and weekends)
- Certain events, holidays, etc. require the presence of a Maintenance Technician. At those times, it is expected that this position will rotate with other staff members to fulfill the needs of the ministry
Observes needs in facilities via preventative maintenance system and recommends additional care.
- Takes initiative in keeping the grounds and facilities to excellent conditions by recommending needed improvements.
Drives delivery truck for pick-ups and deliveries as needed
Assists requisition and donations departments with oversight of Facilities manager
- Works with volunteer and service hour work force
Education and Experience: 3+ years in a maintenance-related field
Hours: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday 11:00 am -7:30 pm